- Sleeping Bag (good quality)
- Closed-Cell Foam Camp Sleeping Pad (one of those inexpensive blue ones sold at many stores)
- Small Pillow (optional)
- Scout Uniform (shirt, pants/shorts, socks, belt, neckerchief & slide)
- Raincoat or Poncho
- Warm Jacket (for night) or windbreaker with something under
- Wool Sweater or fleece
- Extra shirt and pants (not cotton)
- Underwear and socks for each day (store each day's in a Ziploc bag)
- 1 or 2 Hats (one to keep warm at night, one for sun protection during the day)
- Extra shoes (in case your primary ones get wet, or just to give your feet a rest)
- Backpack (or large Duffel Bag). Line it with a large trash bag first to keep contents dry.
- Day Pack
- Boy Scout Handbook (Yes! Bring it! You can't get stuff signed off if you don't have it.)
- Pocket Knife
- Whistle (good quality) on neck chain.
- Mess Kit (bowl, plate, cup, fork, spoon)
- 2 one-quart water bottles
- Flashlight (the smaller and lighter, the better). If your flashlight requires batteries, have new ones or bring spares.
- Small first aid kit (see BSA Handbook).
- Nylon Cord
- Pen and Pocket Notepad
- Personal Care Kit (soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, floss, fast-drying camp towel).
- Toilet Paper (half a roll in a Zip-Lock bag).
Bug Repellant, Sunscreen, Watch, Compass, Matches, Repair Kit, Duct Tape, Sewing Kit, Extra Bags (Ziplocs and Trash bags), Binoculars, Camera
Do not bring any kind of electronics (including iPods or cell phones).
Always pack for one season COLDER than now!